[Spambayes] Spambayes causing delays

Michael Wall mswall at ucdavis.edu
Sat May 10 01:42:13 CEST 2008

I have been investigating an issue that seems to be pointing at
Spambayes, but I am not 100% sure yet.  When Spambayes 1.04 is installed
on an Windows XP SP2 system, with Outlook 2007, I am getting lots of
user reports about delays.  They receive a notification that says
"Outlook is retrieving data from the Exchange server" and they have to
wait until that notification goes away .  This sometimes happens when
they are opening a note, or when they are changing from one mail folder
to another, or when doing various other things in Outlook.  It doesn't
always happen.  It cannot be reproduced by performing certain actions.
So far, removing Spambayes seems to have resolved the issue, although I
need to track it for a few more days.  Have you had any other reports
like this?

Michael S. Wall
System Administrator
UC Davis Extension