[Spambayes] HOW DO I SET UP PORTS FOR MULTIPLE SERVERS?

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed May 14 15:29:20 CEST 2008

The hosts file on Windows is %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts, where
%WINDIR% is most commonly c:\windows.

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces at python.org [mailto:spambayes-bounces at python.org]
On Behalf Of skip at pobox.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:47 AM
To: Nat
Cc: spambayes at python.org
Subject: Re: [Spambayes] HOW DO I SET UP PORTS FOR MULTIPLE SERVERS?

    Nathan> "change your mail client to send and receive mail from
    Nathan> "localhost"" I did that.  I put localhost in the POP3 Server
box
    Nathan> for one of my email accounts.  I then sent a test email to
that
    Nathan> address.  When I tried to retrieve it, I was told that the
    Nathan> server localhost couldn't be found.

Try replacing it with "127.0.0.1".  Alternatively, check the hosts file
on
your computer to make sure it has a definition for localhost.  (I'm not
Windows person, so I can't begin to guess where that might be.)  I've
cc'd
the spambayes mailing list on this reply.  There are many others on that
list with more Windows expertise who can help with these sorts of
issues.

Skip

SpamBayes at python.org