[Spambayes] 1031 Spam, 461 Good, Processed ZERO

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue May 27 03:14:44 CEST 2008

[Adding list back in]

> I'm not using an Exchange server (just Pop3).
>
> Yes, Personal Folders\Inbox is where all my new email arrives.  If it's
> spam, I highlight and move it to a folder I created under the Inbox.
> Initially, I moved it to the folder SpamBayes created, named Junk E-
> Mail.
> Neither system has worked.  I tried training on the Junk E-Mail folder
> contents, then moved everything to my own Spam folder and trained on
> that.
>
> I also spent some days just hitting the Delete As Spam button (frown
> face).
>
>  I must have something set up wrong, or maybe I need to reinstall
> SpamBayes.

It doesn't seem to be setup incorrectly, as the log indicates it is trying
to watch the Inbox for filtering.  Eg, my log shows:

"""
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Personal Folders/Inbox'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Personal Folders/Spam'
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-2147352567,
'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147467259), None)
The above toolbar message is common - recreating the toolbar...
Message 'Re: DirectoryWatcher (rough draft)' in 'Personal Folders/Inbox' had
a Spam classification of 'No'
Message ...
"""

Which looks roughly the same as yours - note however that mine does show
messages being processed.  I think I recall you were watching the "maybe"
folder, which is probably wrong, but doesn't explain why SB isn't seeing new
messages that arrive in your inbox.

I'm afraid I've no other ideas :(

Mark