[Spambayes] Command line .eml processing

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Mon Apr 13 13:31:31 CEST 2009

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> skip at pobox.com schreef:
> >     Mike> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would appear that sb_filter can
> >     Mike> not process .eml files by passing the eml filename via the command
> >     Mike> line, correct?
> >
> > What's a .eml file?
> >
> LMGTFY
> http://filext.com/file-extension/EML
>
> Looks like a proprietary file format that MicroSoft LookOut Express uses
> to obfuscate emails.

There is nothing proprietary or obfuscating about it. Don't be
paranoid. It is just one mail message as it arrived over SMTP. You can
open it in any text editor.

In fact, it is a degenerate verion of a Unix mailbox permitting only 1
message per mailbox and no postmark (which you don't need because
there is only 1 message).

I have done things like "cat *.eml | formail > my.mbox" and similar.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru