[Spambayes] Spambayes needs admin privileges to install

Amedee Van Gasse (amedee.be) amedee at amedee.be
Thu Apr 30 15:08:41 CEST 2009

Hello list,

Some of you know that I'm a Linux user, but at work I'm forced to use MS
Outlook 2007. When I try to install with the exe, I get the message "You
must be logged in as an administrator when installing this program."

Strange, because strictly speaking spambayes is a user tool, not a system
tool. It shouldn't need elevated privileges.

How can I manually install Spambayes? I also downloaded the zip file, but
it isn't obvious for me what I should do next.

I searched the archives, but I didn't find anything interesting or helpful.

Kind regards,

Amedee