[Spambayes] Windows 7 x64, Outlook 2007 - Compatible?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Tue Dec 8 23:56:58 CET 2009

On Tue, December 8, 2009 22:56, Ocean wrote:

> 	I currently use SpamBayes 1.1a4 on Outlook 2007 (integrated) in
> Windows XP.  Is SpamBayes (and it's required components) fully compatible
> with Windows 7 x64 (in integrated mode)?
>
> 	While I saw that Python is available in 64 bit, I couldn't find
> PyWin in a 64 bit version - I don't even know if PyWin x86 will work with
> Python x64, let alone whether or not  SpamBayes itself will work on
> Windows
> 7 x64.
>

> 	Any help would be appreciated.  And to address some typical points -
> no, I am not a programmer, and I'm not in a position to try it first.  I
> need to know whether it will work in advance, because it affects whether I
> make the change to Windows 7 right now at all.

I am afraid that the answer, as you explicitly ask your question, is no...
because so far nobody has bothered to report if Spambayes works on Win7
x64

If you can wait until july 2010, I can find some free time and system
resources to install Windows 7 x64 on a virtual machine (I'm a Linux user)
but until then I cannot dedicate any resources.

And no, I am not a programmer either... just a user who likes spambayes
and wants to help out. I hope you appreciate my honest answer.

--
Amedee