[Spambayes] 64-bit findings

Steven Bentley sbentley at avitusgroup.com
Sat Dec 12 16:06:10 CET 2009

Regarding the current 64 bit issues, I find:

1. Microsoft Outlook does not come in a 64 bit version.  Microsoft has announced a 64 bit version for upcoming Office 2010, but for now it's 32 bit.
2. I run Vista 64 bit business edition, and find Office in the 32 bit program directory.  I am also running Spambayes 1.0.4 in this environment with no ill effects.  So, I conclude that Spambayes works fine in a 64 bit environment.  No, I haven't moved "up" to Windows 7 yet, and cannot testify that it will work fine.  However when I do, if it won't work under Windows 7 64 bit, the Windows 7 64 bit is broken, and will be replaced.
3. The Windows install is an "all in one" package.  As a Windoz n00b, I find myself incapable of doing any more than " next-next-next-finish".  If Ocean hasn't obtained the download from http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/, then he/she should do so.  It has everything you need in one package.  I would pick the Vista version for a Win 7 installation.

Steven Bentley, Windoz n00b

Message: 7