[Spambayes] FW: Windows 7 x64 - Problems

Ocean Ocean at acloakinthewood.com
Thu Dec 24 19:25:22 CET 2009

"Could not watch
> the specified folders".  I've tried deleting the INI file, and
reconfiguring it, but as soon I
> enable SpamBayes, that error comes up.  I'm using 1.1a4 (from source), and
I've been
> running it on XP for a long time without any problems.
>
> 	Is there something about Win 7 x64 that would keep it from being to
watch the
> Inbox (with subfolders)?

	Okay, some more data.  I ran the Trace Collector and ran the test
suite.  I have no idea how to copy/save information from the Trace
Collector, so I have to manually type in stuff, and I'll have to hope I'm
giving you the relevant information here.

It starts out like this:

-------------------
Running 'Filtering tests' with Filter.save_spam_info=True,
Filter.timer_enabled=False
Performing Spam test on watch folder 'My Folders/Inbox'...

pythoncom error:  Python error invoking COM method.
-------------------

I then have a number of Traceback entries, with the last couple of lines
being:

------------------
File "D:\Progs\Python\Lib\email\utils.py", line 143, in formatdate
	now = time.localtime(timeval)

ValueError:  (22, 'Invalid argument')
Restoring standard configuration...
-------------------

...followed by it reseting itself to watch everything again.

Further down, it says:

------------------
Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer
------------------

...followed by all the folders it didn't miss any in.

Then we have a Traceback section again that ends in:

-------------------
File "D:\Progs\SpamBayes 1.1a4\Outlook2000\tester.py", line 170, in
CheckMessageFilteredFrom
	TestFailed("The test message remained in folder '%s'" %
ms_folder.GetFQName())
File "D:\Progs\SpamBayes 1.1a4\Outlook2000\tester.py", line 38, in
TestFailed
	raise TestFailure(msg)
TestFailure:  The test message remained in folder 'My Folders/Inbox'

...etc...

If you need more of the trace information, let me know (along with how to
copy the information so I don't have to type it in manually by hand!).