[Spambayes] Spambayes still not working. HELP!

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Dec 26 04:03:32 CET 2009

> Most of the database types can only have one process accessing them at
> once.  If you happen to have two writers your database is almost
> guaranteed
> to be corrupt.  If you have a reader and a writer it's still possible that
> the reader will see the database in a transitional state which is
> inconsistent with the expectations of the reader.
>
> What type of database storage are you using?  I seem to recall you're
> using
> sb_filter.py.  Make sure mail isn't processed when you're retraining.  In
> my
> procmailrc file I use sb_bnfilter.py:
>
>     SCORE="sb_bnfilter.py -a 30 -A 250"
>     :0 fw:scorelock~
>     | $SCORE
>
> When retraining I make sure that incoming mail isn't processed.  If
> necessary, I kill the long-running sb_bnfilter.py process first.
>
> Skip

My fetchmail is running as a cron job every couple of minutes, so I think
it's very likely that's how it's happening.  As far as what storage, I
don't know.  I'm still trying to figure it out.  I followed a recipe I
found.  I'm not a database guy.  I'm guessing though, I need to add a
lockfile somewhere.  That's the fw:scorelock portion of your procmail file
above, if I'm correct?  I might want to change my cron to a script perhaps
that kills fetchmail, locks it somehow and then restarts?  Probably a few
different ways to do it.