[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: imap usage

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 16:02:18 CET 2009

    djdomi> Hm, okay but why isnt this bundled in the whole package? it
    djdomi> would improve the whole thing!!

It takes work to implement.  I believe at the time it was assumed Windows
folks used Outlook or Outlook Express.  There is a plugin configured for
Outlook.  For OE there is the POP3 proxy (I don't think it does IMAP).  I
don't know how much Thunderbird or other mail apps were used on Windows at
the time the detector code was written for the installer.

That's my recollection anyway.  Also, I'm not a Windows guy, so I don't even
know where to look for further clues.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/