[Spambayes] spambayes addin causes Outlook to shut down

Drew F Spring drewfspring at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 21:07:39 CET 2009

-         used spambayes (1.0.2?) and worked fine

-         upgraded to office (outlook inclusive) from 2002 to 2003

-         spambayes pulldown menu in outlook now 'locked' ie non-responsive

-         tried uninstall and reinstall with 1.0.4 = no help

-         cannot manually remove spambayes pulldown from outlook (can 'hide'
but it is still outlook) >> when use pull down at end of spambayes 2 option
tabs to 'add or remove buttons' and hit customize (in an attempt to uncheck
spambayes) I get the dreaded Microsoft "Houston we have a problem" and it
shuts down outlook i.e. I cannot get far enough before outlook shuts down to
de-select spambayes.  Any attempt to workaround using  Tools > Customize in
Outlook produces the same result = as soon as you choose Customize outlook
error message and shutdown

-         Have completely uninstalled Office 2003 (std edition) and
reinstalled and spambayes pulldown still there and inoperable

-         Have tried deleting DAT ( +/- program files > user > spambayes >
bin > outlook addin.dll) and deleted addin.dll from something I saw in
spambayes narrative = no help

-         I do run AVG antivirus in Outlook

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated >> really like you product
(particularly the free part).  thanks

Adams Street Advisors
Drew F. Spring
4514 Travis Street  .  Suite 326

Dallas, TX 75205
214.269.1629 office  .  214.668.2830 cell