[Spambayes] SpamBayes Toolbar?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Tue Jan 27 15:26:07 CET 2009

On Tue, January 27, 2009 14:48, Bob Newman wrote:
> The SpamBayes button is the only thing on its toolbar and takes up
> valuable
> real estate, can I move it up onto the traditional Outlook (2007) toolbar?
> There is plenty of room.

Bob,

I am not involved in the development of Spambayes in any way, however I
have done (and I am still doing) some MS Office/VBA development. I don't
claim to be the next Sue Mosher, but I know my way around.

In my professional experience I have always avoided to make changes to the
built-in Office toolbars. As a developer, I am always in total control of
my own toolbar. I can do whatever I want with it. But if I start using the
built-in toolbar, I am sharing it with the "official" functionalities of
Office. And what if the user has 10 or more add-ons that all dump their
icons in the main toolbar? It would quickly become a mess.
When I use my own little toolbar, the user can choose where he wants to
see by buttons (or if he wants to see them at all) with only a few mouse
clicks.

If the developer of the Spambayes Outlook plugin thinks and works a bit
like me, he wouldn't do it either.

I only know MS Office up to version 2003. I don't have a copy of MS Office
2007 but I assume that what can be said about 2003 toolbars is still true
for 2007 toolbars.

--
Amedee