[Spambayes] Spambayes stopped working on Outlook 2007 and a Vista Enterprise 64bit AMD

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Jul 23 15:05:51 CEST 2009

    Carl> Uninstalled spambayes and downloaded spambayes-1.1a4-070629 from
    Carl> sourceforge.

    Carl> It appears to not to create config files at install nor
    Carl> execute/load the plug-in and leave behind log files.

Carl,

When you uninstalled the earlier version of SpamBayes it didn't leave your
config files alone?  I'm not a user of the Outlook plugin but I thought that
when you uninstalled it left your configs in place.  What do you mean by
"leave behind log files"?

    Carl> Done the google search and looked thru the FAQs

    Carl> Hopefully I'm missing something obvious.

    Carl> Where's the right place to look for help and

    Carl> What would be my next step?  It's a really useful spam filter and
    Carl> I really miss it.

I recommend you take a look at the Outlook plugin troubleshooting guide.
It's referenced in the FAQ:

    http://spambayes.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/Outlook2000/docs/troubleshooting.html?content-type=text/html

Sorry if you've already done that.  It's not obvious from your post.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    That's more than a dress. That's an Audrey Hepburn movie. -- Jerry Maguire