[Spambayes] Can't get it plug-in to load

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Thu Jul 30 20:31:45 CEST 2009

The directions you've read are for Outlook, which is completely different from Outlook Express.  (You can thank Microsoft for the confusing names.)  SpamBayes does work with Outlook Express, but it's not as integrated.  See http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#does-spambayes-work-with-outlook-express for further explanation and setup instructions.

-----Original Message-----
From: spambayes-bounces+jsp=pkc.com at python.org on behalf of clwseattle
Sent: Thu 7/30/2009 11:57 AM
To: spambayes at python.org
Subject: [Spambayes] Can't get it plug-in to load

I've tried 3 times... once with all my security turned off.
It's on my computer because I've used add/remove to REMOVE it 3 times; I've tried re-starting both OE and my computer.
Plug in does not appear in my Outlook.
I'm running Outlook Express 6 (2004).

In your troubleshooting you say:
  a.. Check that Outlook shows the addin as enabled.
    1.. Start Outlook, and select Tools->Options to display the main Options dialog.
    2.. Select the tab labeled Other, then click on the Advanced button.
    3.. Click on the COM Add-Ins button.
    4.. If the SpamBayes addin is not listed, then SpamBayes should be reinstalled (Note that running regsvr32.exe outlook_addin.dll or outlook_addin_register.exe from the SpamBayes directory may also solve this problem).
    5.. If the SpamBayes addin is listed but not checked, then simply check it and close the dialog.
HOWEVER, I don't have a tab labeled "OTHER"... I have  General, Read, Receipts, Send, Compose, Signature, Spelling, Security, Connection and Maintenance. The ONLY tab with an Advance button is Security. No where could I find the "COM Add-Ins" .

Our internet provider is Comcast.

Any instruction you give me would have to be in the simplest form, i.e. Instructions for Dummies

Thanks