[Spambayes] what about Outlook 2007

Tom listmail at athenet.net
Wed Jun 10 00:05:38 CEST 2009

>Do you have a version that works with Outlook 2007?
>
>Any Info would be appreciated.

I use Eudora Pro version 5.1, which is CERTAINLY not supported by Spambayes
with toolbars and fancy in-client stuff. But I've been using Spambayes
successfully for years by using the POP3 proxy. Just pour it on and it works.

It's just a little harder to configure.

Basically, you use a web browser to configure Spambayes to talk to your
ISP's mail server. If you can set your mail client to do it, you can make
Spambayes do it.

Then you set up your mail client to talk to SPAMBAYES, not to your ISP.
Spambayes intermediates and talks to the mail server on your behalf,
marking suspected spam with a yes/no/maybe tag.

You then set up a rule in outlook to dump all mail tagged as uncertain into
a folder for your review. After you gain some confidence, you tell it to
dump mail marked SPAM into the trash.

You train it using a web browser pointed to http://localhost:8880/review
(usually that's the address).

-----
334. [Government] The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well
as the poor, to sleep under the bridges, to beg in the streets, and to
steal bread. --Anatole France
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531