[Spambayes] Moving from Outlook to Thunderbird

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Jun 17 23:27:01 CEST 2009

    Eckhardt> I'm on the way to move from Outlook 2007 to
    Eckhardt> Thunderbird. Fortunately, there is an add-in called
    Eckhardt> Thunderbayes which provides SpamBayes functionality under TB.
    Eckhardt> Is there a way to use/migrate the SpamBayes database I've
    Eckhardt> built up over so many years so I don't have to start from
    Eckhardt> scratch again?

No there's not.  (Well, a SpamBayes developer could burn some midnight oil
and probably convert it, but there's nothing canned to do it.)

In any case, you probably don't need to migrate your database.  Start from
scratch.  After training a few hams and a few spams the tool should do a
pretty good job scoring your incoming mail.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    when i wake up with a heart rate below 40, i head right for the espresso