[Spambayes] fighting spam

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Sat Jun 20 15:57:55 CEST 2009

On Sat, June 20, 2009 15:37, Thomas Hruska wrote:
> James Calfee wrote:
>
>> I see you have a popular project on Sourceforge.  I have a similar
>> dis-taste for SPAM (don't we all), so I have made a considerable
>> investment by writing a SPAM complaint program.
>>
>> I was wondering if you know someone, say Mark, that is interested in
>> helping me integrate with Outlook.  I'm a big Linux user but I'm willing
>>  to use the tools need to build and maintain the add-on so I can reach
>> more users and get more spammers and their drones shut-down.
>>
>> Please have a look, the web site is http://spamcomplaint.net ...
>>

>> thanks, Jimmy
>>

> Soooo....your tool basically makes the spam problem worse.  Can I
> complain about your tool?

Agreed, most spam is forged anyway, including forged mail headers. Once an
email has left the MTA phase, everything has become untrustworthy. The
mail client is not the place where you can identify the spammer.

If I ever get backscatter spam from spamcomplaint, it won't take me long
to block it on my mailserver.

--
Amedee