[Spambayes] Manual Configuration // Folders do not expand in wizard

Joe Still joes at wilsonmfg.com
Fri Mar 6 21:14:55 CET 2009

I am trying to use SpamBayes along side Scalix using Outlook 2000.
This appears to cause some problems so I'm working on fixing the issue
or working around it.

So far a normal installation causes Outlook to crash upon opening.
Uninstalling the plugin and grabbing the source, I got outlook to open
with the plugin using the addin.py in the Outlook2000 directory in the
source.

The current problem is when running the configuation wizard to set up
the folders, spambayes fails to expand the folder list to view any
folders deeper in the tree.

win32traceutil.py reveals:
---- Start Block ----
Collecting Python Trace Output...
GetNextPage with current 0 IDD_WIZARD_WELCOME
Python WNDPROC handler failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\j\My
Documents\Installers\sb11a4\spambayes-1.1a4\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSe
lector.py", line 707, in OnNotify
    folderSpec.children = _BuildFoldersMAPI(self.manager, folderSpec)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\j\My
Documents\Installers\sb11a4\spambayes-1.1a4\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSe
lector.py", line 92, in _BuildFoldersMAPI
    temp_id = mapi.HexFromBin(store_eid), mapi.HexFromBin(eid)
TypeError: HexFromBin() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer,
not int
Python WNDPROC handler failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\j\My
Documents\Installers\sb11a4\spambayes-1.1a4\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSe
lector.py", line 707, in OnNotify
    folderSpec.children = _BuildFoldersMAPI(self.manager, folderSpec)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\j\My
Documents\Installers\sb11a4\spambayes-1.1a4\Outlook2000\dialogs\FolderSe
lector.py", line 92, in _BuildFoldersMAPI
    temp_id = mapi.HexFromBin(store_eid), mapi.HexFromBin(eid)
TypeError: HexFromBin() argument 1 must be string or read-only buffer,
not int
Cancelling wizard
Saving configuration -> C:\Documents and Settings\joes\Application
Data\SpamBayes\SCALIX NO CACHE.ini
SpamBayes: Watching (for filtering) in 'Mailbox - J/Test'
SpamBayes: Watching (for incremental training) in 'Mailbox - J/spam'
Ctrl+C
---- End Block ----
The Python WNDPROC handler failed message occurs when the dialog to
select a folder is clicked on.
I have tried to typecast the eid and store_eid as strings. They still
show the same error just with a str() encapsulating the eids.

I am either looking to _fix this folder error_ or _configure the ini
manually_.
With manual configuation I cannot figure out what the first id is and
where it comes from.
For example the INI might read:: spam_folder_id:('01234', '98765')
The '98765' string is an Outlook folder ID. I have managed to trace
these on my system.

What does the '01234' id correspond to and how can I find it (or control
it) on my system?

Details:
MS Outlook 2000 SP3
Windows XP