[Spambayes] Reset for an Outlook e-mail account

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 00:59:15 CET 2009

On 22/03/2009 4:24 AM, Michael Kallay wrote:
> still there, it doesn’t do anything. The Recover button is gone. Her COM
> Addins list is empty. (Lookout is missing as well, how did she do that?)

That looks like a clue you should follow; maybe all addins are disabled?
  Check "Help->Disabled Items" too.

> Trying to extrapolate from the COM Addins list in my account, I tried to
> Add your Outlook_addin.dll but that doesn’t do anything. The dialog
> seems to expect a .exe file.

I'm not sure what dialog you are referring to, but Outlook addins are
always DLLs.

> I could remove the entire program and download and reinstall it, but I
> fear that I may then lose the information that my copy has already
> learned about spam.

Uninstalling spambayes will leave all your training information behind
should you later re-install.

Cheers,

Mark