[Spambayes] spam scoring question/problem

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Mar 29 22:04:22 CEST 2009

    John> I've used Spambayes for about 3 years with great success.  I
    John> recently reinstalled it after having to rebuild my desktop, and I
    John> now find that it puts messages with spam scores as low as 0 into
    John> the Junk email folder....

    John> I followed the usual process of retraining it with messages that I
    John> had previously retained that were known "good" and known "spam",
    John> but it now routinely puts messages that I trained it to identify
    John> as "good" into the Junk email folder....

    John> I checked to see that I had the latest version of the software,
    John> and do.  any suggestions?

Hmmm...  You say "latest".  Do you mean 1.1a4?  Does anything interesting
turn up in the log file?  What happens if you simply delete all training
messages and start over from scratch?  Does everything score as 0.5 until
you start moving them into the proper folders?

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/