[Spambayes] hammie.py database error need help

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Mon Nov 30 01:54:15 CET 2009

Hello, new guy here. I just installed spambayes as a replacement for
spamassassin on my email server (home, not work) and I'm getting errors in
my procmail log.  As follows:

Exception bsddb.db.DBAccessError: DBAccessError(13, 'Permission denied --
DB->put: attempt to
 modify a read-only database') in <bound method HammieFilter.close of
<__main__.HammieFilter
object at 0x20c3250>> ignored
>From mark  Sun Nov 29 19:48:04 2009
 Subject: Welcome to the "SpamBayes" mailing list
  Folder: /home/mark/Maildir/new/1259542084.21232_2.cyclops
3212

I did a bit of searching the old posts and found this is an old problem,
and that someone submitted a patch to fix.  I tried to apply the patch and
gotthe following:

[mark at cyclops spambayes]$ patch <hammie.py
patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

Both files were in the same directory. I must confess being a bit of a
bull in a china shop when it comes to patching files.  I don't develop.  I
apply.

Can anyone lend some assistance?  I used the latest release.  1.1a4 I think.

Thanks in advance.

Mark