[Spambayes] FW: Windows 7 x64 - Problems

Ocean Ocean at cobaltnight.com
Wed Jan 6 08:08:59 CET 2010

	I need to test it further before I know for certain.  Right now, I'm
not getting spam that frequently, so it's hard to tell if it's working
correctly or not.

> > 	I gave you everything relevant insofar as the errors that showed up
> > while running the test suite.
>
> You didn't - I understand you tried to and were thwarted by being unable
> to find how to copy directly from a command-prompt - but I need the full
> logs, not just snippets.

	Well, right now, the most relevant logs would be during startup.
I'll get those to you as soon as I can successfully get them.

> >  However, *if* SpamBayes is capable of running
> > correctly, and it's just the test suite that's failing, then the big
issue
> > is what's causing it to not load when Outlook starts.  And I still need
> > way to get those trace logs.
>
> You can get the trace logs by using the binary version then following my
> earlier instructions.  The 'troubleshooting guide' on the website might
> also be useful.

	The binary version is my last resort, both due to the fact that
running from it would mean running from an older version, and also because
it means I would lose the multiple profile capability.  As for the
troubleshooting guide, given my circumstances, it tells me to report a bug,
which is - in part - what I'm doing here.  I have already tried resetting
SpamBayes, as well as re-registering the add-in, with no change.

> > 	Well, first of all, I'm running on an Admin account, so my loading
> > the Trace Collector is already occurring with admin access (however, I
tried
> > doing it manually just to be sure - no change in results).
>
> Running an admin account is quite different than starting with 'run as
> administrator'.

	To my knowledge, the purpose of that command is so you can run an
app with admin priviledges while being logged in under a non-admin account.
That makes it equivalent to running it normally while being logged in as an
admin.

	That being said, I did mention that I tried it as well, with no
change in the problem running the Trace Collector.

> > 	And secondly, I do need and prefer to run from source.
>
> That's fine - I'm just trying to help you to get the logs needed for me
> to help you.  Please consider modifying the source so you get 'normal'
> log behaviour even when running from sources.  Alternatively, try
> running 'setup_py2exe.py' from the source tree to create your own binary
> installer you can run from.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

	I'd be happy modifying the source so I get normal log behavior.  If
I may ask, has instructions for this been posted anywhere?  Or do I need to
try and figure it out myself?