[Spambayes] FW: Windows 7 x64 - Problems

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 6 07:12:05 CET 2010

On 6/01/2010 5:05 PM, Ocean wrote:
> 	When Outlook is started, you get the error message that SpamBayes
> failed to load.  However, the toolbar is present, and you can interact with
> it as normal - although it starts off disabled.  I enabled SpamBayes,
> started the Trace Collector, and then ran the test suite.  That was the
> setup for the partial trace logs I supplied earlier.

So apart from needing to manually enable it, things are working fine for
you?

> 	I gave you everything relevant insofar as the errors that showed up
> while running the test suite.

You didn't - I understand you tried to and were thwarted by being unable
to find how to copy directly from a command-prompt - but I need the full
logs, not just snippets.

>  However, *if* SpamBayes is capable of running
> correctly, and it's just the test suite that's failing, then the big issue
> is what's causing it to not load when Outlook starts.  And I still need a
> way to get those trace logs.

You can get the trace logs by using the binary version then following my
earlier instructions.  The 'troubleshooting guide' on the website might
also be useful.

> 	Well, first of all, I'm running on an Admin account, so my loading
> the Trace Collector is already occurring with admin access (however, I tried
> doing it manually just to be sure - no change in results).

Running an admin account is quite different than starting with 'run as
administrator'.

> 	And secondly, I do need and prefer to run from source.

That's fine - I'm just trying to help you to get the logs needed for me
to help you.  Please consider modifying the source so you get 'normal'
log behaviour even when running from sources.  Alternatively, try
running 'setup_py2exe.py' from the source tree to create your own binary
installer you can run from.

Cheers,

Mark