[Spambayes] FW: Windows 7 x64 - Problems

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Jan 6 10:58:02 CET 2010

On 6/01/2010 6:08 PM, Ocean wrote:
> 	The binary version is my last resort, both due to the fact that
> running from it would mean running from an older version, and also because
> it means I would lose the multiple profile capability.

If you are correct that your changes have no impact on your current
problem, you could just install the binary version for the sake of
diagnostics - once the problem is found, your modified version will then
also work fine.

> 	To my knowledge, the purpose of that command is so you can run an
> app with admin priviledges while being logged in under a non-admin account.
> That makes it equivalent to running it normally while being logged in as an
> admin.

Sorry, but that is wrong.  Administrators can escalate simply by hitting
the "allow" button - non-admins are prompted for an admin password to
escalate.  An escalated admin is quite different than a non-escalated one.

> 	I'd be happy modifying the source so I get normal log behavior.  If
> I may ask, has instructions for this been posted anywhere?  Or do I need to
> try and figure it out myself?

There is not much in the way of developer-specific information - and it
is assumed only developers will run from source.  Looking for references
to sys.frozen should point you in the right direction though...

Cheers,

Mark