[Spambayes] FW: Windows 7 x64 - Problems

Ocean Ocean at cobaltnight.com
Thu Jan 7 20:08:31 CET 2010

	Okay, since changing the source to allow normal logging wasn't
working (even after you had confirmed that I did it correctly), I went ahead
and unregistered it, and installed the binary version.

	So, as expected, the same problem exists when starting up Outlook.
So, I go to grab the log file, and lo and behold - it's not there.  Okay,
maybe SpamBayes isn't honoring the environment variable for the Temp
directory and is storing it somewhere else, so I'll just go into the
SpamBayes Manager, and pull it up from there.  I go to do that and get an
error message - "The log file for this session could not be located."

	Perhaps there was nothing wrong with my source code modification for
the logging after all.  Obviously, SpamBayes has other issues with Outlook
2007 and Win 7 x64.

	Since that didn't work, I uninstalled it and re-installed my
original source version.

	And, for what it's worth - I'm getting a message when I install or
remove the addin from source:

------------------------------

D:\>"D:\Progs\SpamBayes 1.1a4\Outlook2000\addin.py" --unregister
D:\Progs\SpamBayes 1.1a4\Outlook2000\addin.py:438: SyntaxWarning: assertion
is always true, perhaps remove parentheses?
  assert(not self.manager.config.training.train_manual_spam,
Unregistered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin

D:\>

------------------------------

D:\>"D:\Progs\SpamBayes 1.1a4\Outlook2000\addin.py"
D:\Progs\SpamBayes 1.1a4\Outlook2000\addin.py:438: SyntaxWarning: assertion
is always true, perhaps remove parentheses?
  assert(not self.manager.config.training.train_manual_spam,
Registered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin
Registration complete.

D:\>

	Don't know if it's important, but I thought I'd point it out.

	So, it would now appear that we have two issues (three, if you count
the message that comes up on install/uninstall from source) - whatever is
causing SpamBayes to not enable when Outlook starts, and whatever is causing
it to be unable to create a log file.

	What now?