[Spambayes] Spambayes and Thunderbayes

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Jan 12 22:36:51 CET 2010

David,

It's been a while since I last used ThunderBayes, but at the time, it
came with a builtin version of SpamBayes - v.1.0.4.
If you wished to use a newer version (like 1.1a4), you could install the
newer version first, then configure ThunderBayes to control the
other install instead of the builtin version.  So it's a user choice thing.

Original ThunderBayes (along with many other addons) is not supported by
Thunderbird 3 (if you've upgraded).
As the developer is no longer maintaining the program, an update is
unlikely.
http://pieces.openpolitics.com/2008/04/the-state-of-thunderbayes/

However, someone else has taken up the cause with ThunderBayes++
(experimental), and he's looking for volunteers:

Dale