[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.1a4 crashes when first starting up after reinstalling...

Taed Wynnell TWynnell at vertical.com
Fri Jan 29 17:52:02 CET 2010

After 6 months, this was resolved by disabling DEP for Outlook.  (This
is sent to the list so that others searching might find my answer.)

In expectation of this day, I still have all my saved Spam for the last
10 years (49,313 items), so retraining and getting back to where I used
to be was no problem.

And, of course, the solution is sitting right in the FAQ:

5.8   After installing SpamBayes, Outlook crashes and then asks for the
plug-in to be disabled. <http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#id68>

Are you using an Athlon 64 or Core 2 Duo with DEP? There are issues with
DEP and Outlook with a SpamBayes-based plug-in. Listing Outlook as a
safe application on these processors should "solve" the problem.