[Spambayes] SpamBayes failing

John VanSickle johnvansickle at cox.net
Fri Jan 29 22:58:08 CET 2010

Hi, I am encountering a problem with SpamBayes(v1.1r4) everytime I open my
Outlook (v2003).

Every time I open outlook, I get the following message:

"There was an error initializing the SpamBayes addin
Please re-start Outlook and try again."

I have tried uninstalling SpamBayes and reinstalling.  No joy.

I then tried uninstalling, going into program files and deleting the
SpamBayes directory, going into Documents and Settings/<name>/Application
Data
and deleting the SpamBayes directory there, then reinstalling.  Still no
joy.

I have verified that the COM control was available, yet it still fails.

Do you have any suggestions?  I love SpamBayes and have used it for years.
But now, it just wont work.

Thanks,

John VanSickle
(480) 326-0410
johnvansickle at cox.net

BTW, I do computer service for a living, so I am very capable with a
computer.  You don't have to dumb down your answers for me.