[Spambayes] IMAP Configuration help

Daniel Malisani dmalisani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 14:22:31 CEST 2010

  Hi, I need to configurate spambayes with webfaction mail server
They employe IMAP with 993 port

I have the lastest version 1.0.4,
I try with mail.webfaction.com:993
POP3 Proxy Options
Remote Servers: 			*Remote Servers:* The SpamBayes POP3 proxy intercepts
incoming email and classifies it before sending it on to your email
client. You need to specify which POP3 server(s) you wish it to
intercept - a POP3 server address typically looks like "pop3.myisp.net".
If you use more than one server, simply separate their names with
commas. You can get these server names from your existing email
configuration, or from your ISP or system administrator. If you are
using Web-based email, you can't use the SpamBayes POP3 proxy (sorry!).
In your email client's configuration, where you would normally put your
POP3 server address, you should now put the address of the machine
running SpamBayes.
Current Value: 	mail.webfaction.com:993
SpamBayes Ports: 			*SpamBayes Ports:* Each POP3 server that is being
monitored must be assigned to a 'port' in the SpamBayes POP3 proxy. This
port must be different for each monitored server, and there must be a
port for each monitored server. Again, you need to configure your email
client to use this port. If there are multiple servers, you must specify
the same number of ports as servers, separated by commas. If you don't
know what to use here, and you only have one server, try 110, or if that
doesn't work, try 8110.
Current Value: 	53100

I the Thunderbird I put localhost in the server and 53100 in the port
textbox, the mail client shows "timeout" when it try to download mails.

Wich is the error?

Thanks. Daniel (Argentina)