[Spambayes] Win7 and Outlook 2010 64-bit

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 08:49:41 CEST 2010

I got a bit further with this and I've got things partially working.

1) There seems to be an issue with how we detect if we are running as a
console for debugging purposes.  In the Outlook2000\addin.py file there
is a block:

try:
     win32api.GetConsoleTitle()
except win32api.error:
     # No console - if we are running from Python sources,
     # redirect to win32traceutil, but if running from a binary

This does *not* enter the exception handler as expected.  If you modify
that block so the exception block is always entered, you should get the
logging back and should avoid an error caused by attempting to 'print'
in a GUI program.

2) After this things work for me, except that as with all versions of
SpamBayes, there is a problem filtering IMAP messages - and I didn't get
to test the POP behaviour.

Apart from that the spambayes manager and toolbar items all worked fine.
  This was on Windows 7 x64.

HTH,

Mark