[Spambayes] outlook 2007 and windows 7 permissions

Richard Reeder gliding at reeder.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 11:06:47 CEST 2010

I have been running Spambayes 1.1a4, on outlook 2007 under windows 7 64 bit,
for quite some time very successfully. Last week outlook started to give
error messages at startup saying spambayes addin could not be loaded, try
restarting outlook.

I have found some posts suggesting excluding from DEP this did not work for
me, I found the new version of spambayes 1.1a6, this still did not work.
Another post suggested removing the com addin from outlook and adding it
again. I just got the message only administrators can remove this (although
I am an admin) so I found the outlook.exe and opened using run as
administrator, Spambayes loaded and worked fine.

So looks like some permissions that are required by spambayes need changing
for spambayes to work, these must have been changed by a windows update. Any
ideas what permissions it could be requiring?

Thanks,

Richard