[Spambayes] Win 7, Outlook 2007 issues

Ocean Ocean at cobaltnight.com
Wed Mar 31 06:37:14 CEST 2010

	In an earlier email to the newsgroup, you gave a link for the binary
(since I can't find 1.1a6 on the official site, I'll assume that link is
still the most recent version).  Where can I grab the source version of
1.1a6?

> I'm afraid something here isn't correct - either the patches applied are
> incorrect meaning the logs aren't being redirected as expected, or the
> code isn't being executed.  It wasn't obvious to me that your patch was
> incorrect, so I can only speculate it isn't being loaded - but if you
> have any other explanations I'd like to hear them...

	You explained to me that running the Trace Collector externally had
known issues with Vista and Win7.  That rules that out, leaving the only
option to be trying to modify the source to allow file logging.  I posted
the exact changes I made.  At this point, you'd have a far better idea than
I as to why it would still fail to create the log files.

	But for what it's worth, in prior emails, I gave you some of the
error messages that were being logged (via the internally run Trace
Collector).  The only thing I can think of is that those errors might be
causing these issues - perhaps all of them (loading, executing, and
logging).

	To my recollection, you never mentioned pursuing any of them.
Perhaps they're worth looking into, at this point.

> Alternatively, try again with the binary to confirm things work as
> expected, then move to the source version with no changes to ensure
> things *still* work in an identical fashion, and then make your code
> changes to change the functionality.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

	I did that with 1.1a4, at your request.  There was no difference
whatsoever.  I'll give 1.1a6 a shot once I get the source.