[Spambayes] SpamBayes moves ham to wrong Inbox

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Tue May 25 10:56:54 CEST 2010

Config: Spambayes 1.1a6 + Outlook 2010 + Dovecot IMAP.

I noticed something annoying.

I have configured the following folders:
* Inbox to watch = IMAP Inbox, not the Outlook inbox.
* Spam folder = IMAP folder ztrain.spam
* Unsure folder = IMAP folder ztrain.unsure

Each time I mark a suspected spam message as ham, two things happen:
* email is moved to Outlook Inbox, not IMAP Inbox
* email is copied to IMAP Trash

I guess that the second thing is a side effect of the move to another mail
hierarchy outside IMAP. The result is that mail ends up where I don't want
it.

I have not yet configured the Certain Good folder, perhaps that is what
causes SpamBayes to move to the wrong Inbox?

--
Amedee