[Spambayes] SpamBayes moves ham to wrong Inbox

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Tue May 25 16:17:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 10:56, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
> Config: Spambayes 1.1a6 + Outlook 2010 + Dovecot IMAP.
>
> I noticed something annoying.
>
> I have configured the following folders:
> * Inbox to watch = IMAP Inbox, not the Outlook inbox.
> * Spam folder = IMAP folder ztrain.spam
> * Unsure folder = IMAP folder ztrain.unsure
>
> Each time I mark a suspected spam message as ham, two things happen:
> * email is moved to Outlook Inbox, not IMAP Inbox
> * email is copied to IMAP Trash
>
> I guess that the second thing is a side effect of the move to another mail
> hierarchy outside IMAP. The result is that mail ends up where I don't want
> it.
>

> I have not yet configured the Certain Good folder, perhaps that is what
> causes SpamBayes to move to the wrong Inbox?

I did some more tests, with the following results:

1. mail recovered from spam goes to PST Inbox, not to IMAP Inbox. I can't
configure this.
2. mail moved from IMAP to PST (programatically or manually) is also
copied to the IMAP Trash. This is default behavior for Outlook. It has
nothing to do with SpamBayes.

--
Amedee