[Spambayes] Spam bypassing SpamBayes?

Stan Vass sv_forums at fmethod.com
Wed Sep 22 12:39:12 CEST 2010

Last few weeks I've seen a flood of spam to the email address I proxy through SpamBayes. What's odd is that I see a tiny fraction of the emails appear in the cache for training, and most of them are only the legitimate emails I get. Most of the spam never shows up there.

I've triple checked my settings to make sure all clients listen to the SpamBayes proxy, and not the POP3 server directly, and it's the case.

The maximum mail size for storage in training cache is 0 (disabled), so I rule that out as well.

What could be the reason?