[Spambayes] SpamBayes doesn't work in Outlook 2010

Rob Holstein rholstein at deltacontrols.com
Wed Aug 24 01:39:45 CEST 2011

I had 1.0.4 installed at the time our computers were upgraded from
Office 2007 to Office 2010. The first time I ran Outlook after the
upgrade, it disabled SpamBayes because of an error (the same error that
I've seen mentioned in other postings on the web), so I upgraded to
1.1a6. After re-enabling SpamBayes, I restarted Outlook, and it showed
an error message stating that the SpamBayes plug-in is not working and
that I should restart Outlook to try again. Restarting Outlook only
resulted in the same error message, so I simply made SpamBayes inactive
and restarted Outlook. The error message went away, but now I have no
working SpamBayes. I'm running 32-bit Outlook 2010 on 64-bit Windows 7
Enterprise.

Is there going to be another release, soon, that I can try out to see if
it's fixed?

- Rob Holstein

"Politicians and diapers need to be changed often. Both for the same
reason." -- Benjamin Franklin