[Spambayes] SpamBayes training errors

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 17 20:23:27 CET 2011

    Dale> I assume that to start SpamBayes with Python 2.5 I would run:

    Dale> /usr/bin/python2.5 /usr/bin/sb_server.py

    Dale> Is there anything else of which I should be aware?

It's likely that SpamBayes was installed using Python 2.6 in which case
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages won't have a package named "spambayes".  If
that's the case you'll have to install it using your 2.5 interpreter.
That's straightforward to do from source, but the package system on your
Linux box is not likely to be happy with you sprinkling files in its space
which it doesn't know about.  I'd check to see if there's a way to install
SpamBayes such that it depends on your Python 2.5 installation.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/