[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.1a6 not working since upgrade Debian Lenny -> Squeeze (with Python 2.6.6)

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Thu Jun 16 10:04:38 CEST 2011

On Wed, June 15, 2011 20:49, Dale Schroeder wrote:
> I don't use procmail, so my error messages were different, but I was not
> able to make the latest Debian 2.6.* work with 1.1a6.  When I was using
> Squeeze, I had to run against python 2.5 to make 1.1a6 work.
>
> That trick no longer works in Wheezy, but I have had success with Skip's
> latest 1.1b1 found at
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=spambayes
> <http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=spambayes> testing
> against python 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7.
>
> The 1st thread is the Squeeze thread and the 2nd is the Wheezy thread.
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2011-January/022942.html
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2011-May/023004.html
>
> Dale

I *think* I fixed it.

I downloaded 1.1a6 from SF, untarred it, cd'ed into the directory, and
entered this command:

amedee at intrepid:~/download/spambayes-1.1a6$ sudo python setup.py install

Since then I'm no longer seeing errors in my procmail.log and my
ham/unsure/spam folders get populated again with mails that have a
X-Spambayes-Classification header.

I didn't know about the 1.1b1 version, I'll have to look into that.

--
Amedee