[Spambayes] Unwanted processing of items already in Inbox

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Jun 21 16:33:53 CEST 2011

    Chris> I've just had to reinstall Windows XP and Spambayes, and now that
    Chris> I find that as soon as I enable it, it insists on processing all
    Chris> the items that are already in my Inbox (about 8000 items).  I
    Chris> just want to train it on new mail as it arrives.  I was able to
    Chris> do that last time and it worked fine.  Can anyone point out what
    Chris> I have done wrong?

It's not obvious to me that you've done anything wrong, but I don't have any
real-life experience with the Outlook plugin.  Perhaps one of the people
here who use that app can help.  Also, make sure you at least skim the
frequently asked questions list:

    http://www.spambayes.org/faq.html

and read the Outlook plugin troubleshooting guide:

    http://spambayes.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/spambayes/trunk/spambayes/Outlook2000/docs/troubleshooting.html

    Chris> I found this email link on the Spambayes FAQ page.  I'm not sure
    Chris> where I will find any replies I receive but perhaps one of you
    Chris> would be good enough to tell me.

If people "reply all" you will get a direct response.  You can also
subscribe to the mailing list (in which case you will see all list traffic),
or browse the archives of the list here:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/