[Spambayes] If we don't get some more Windows help pretty soon...

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Jun 27 21:19:37 CEST 2011

On 06/25/2011 10:59 AM, Demon Taz wrote:
> Please don't close up shop over Windows users.
>
> I am a very happy longtime Linux user!
>
> Too many people want "*clickety-click* yay! it works!"
>
> It really is not hard to use an old PC to setup a pop/imap server with procmail
> to get the real benefit of SpamBayes.
>
> http://www.hypexr.org/linux_mail_server.php
>
> If I were a Windows user and really wanted to use SpamBayes, I would take the
> time to just setup my own server and use SpamBayes as it was meant to be used.
>
> $0.02.

Exactly what we do.  We have SpamBayes on a Debian server running
sb_server.py, sitting between our mail provider's servers and the
Windows clients (all are 32 bit).
It filters for all, including those who use Outlook.  Thanks to Skip's
version 1.1b1, it continues to work wonderfully, so I echo your $0.02.

As an alternative, does sb_server.py with 32 bit python (from the
SpamBayes installer for Windows) work on a 64 bit Windows system, or do
the same problems occur as with the addin?
It may not be as convenient as an Outlook addin, but if it

Dale