[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] If we don't get some more Windows help pretty soon...

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Wed Jun 29 09:56:51 CEST 2011

On Fri, June 24, 2011 22:09, skip at pobox.com wrote:

> If we can't find someone with the time and inclination to dig into
> problems
> running SpamBayes in a Win7 64-bit+Outlook 2010 environment pretty soon, I
> think it might be time to think about closing up shop.  Other than the
> occasional, "Help! I deleted my Junk Suspects folder!" questions, the bulk
> of the problems reported here over the past year have related to the
> 64-bit
> Win7 environment.  We really need to find some people who can help with
> this.
>
> If you have any ideas, please post them here.

What do you mean by closing shop?
I would just add a notice on the website that SpamBayes is not compatible
with Windows 7 64bit + Outlook 2010, and leave it at that. It works
perfectly fine for my .procmailrc setup on Linux, and for many other
configurations.

It's open source anyway. Anyone can checkout the repo, write a patch, and
ask for a pull (git terminology over here, I don't know which repo
SpamBayes uses).