[Spambayes] can't install SpamBayes on Windows 7

Nowak, Helge hnowak at cincom.com
Mon May 23 18:42:36 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit with Outlook 32-bit. I had Outlook 2007 with SpamBayes 1.0.4 working nicely.

Now my Outlook had been updated to Outlook 2010. SpamBayes didn't show up after the update. So I thought let's install the latest and greatest SpamBayes. I closed Outlook, uninstalled SpamBayes 1.0.4 and installed 1.1.a6. The installer worked and gave no errors. Yet when opening Outlook the SpamBayes menu is not there.

The SpamBayes folder in "Programs (x86)" contains the "bin", "docs", "languages" and "lib" directories. So it isn't a "no write permission in the programs directory" problem.

The SpamBayes log has just one entry:
	Unregistered: SpamBayes.OutlookAddin

What am I doing wrong? Or: what else do I have to do to get it working?

Many thanks in advance!
Helge

Helge Nowak
Technical Account Manager Cincom Smalltalk
Cincom Systems GmbH & Co. oHG
Am Kronberger Hang 4
D-65824 Schwalbach/Ts.
Tel.: +49-(0)89-89664494
Mobil: +49-(0)172-7400402
Fax: +49-(0)89-89664495
Email: mailto:hnowak at cincom.com
Web: http://www.cincom.com

All about Cincom Smalltalk:
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com

A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero.
-- Albert Einstein

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Thomas M. Nies, Gerald L. Shawhan
oHG mit Sitz/based in Schwalbach/Ts. (Amtsgericht Königstein/Ts. HRA 2653)
Pers. haftender Gesellschafter/Partner liable to unlimited extent:
Cincom Systems Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH (Amtsgericht Königstein/Ts. HRB 5069)