[Spambayes] problem with Spambayes

lynnpd1 at gmail.com lynnpd1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 23:57:06 CET 2011

I have been using SpamBayes and recommend it to all my friends as the least
obtrusive spam filter and the best out there.  However, my system got stuck
the other day and I had to force reboot my system.  When I booted my
computer all was OK, but SpamBayes would no longer work.  I downloaded the
.exe file again and reinstalled it, but now I get the message  that says:

There was an error initializing the spamBayes addin.

Please re-start Outlook and try again.

I have repeatedly retried opening and closing Outlook with no results.

I have re-booted my computer.

I have uninstalled SpamBayes using the Windows Uninstall and the Spambayes
uninstall.

I am running

.         Windows 7 Premium - service pack 1

.         Outlook 2007

.         with 1.1a6 version of Spambayes

When I look in Outlook's "trust center" under the TOOLS menu,  Spambayes is
there as an Add-in.

I don't know what else to do.  Any assistance you can give would be
grateful.

Sincerely,

Lynn Dougherty