[Spambayes] Configuration.

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at vangasse.eu
Fri Sep 16 11:54:33 CEST 2011

On Thu, September 15, 2011 22:02, Ross Wright wrote:
> Just to let you know that I tried Spambayes as my first choice spam filter
> after seeing glowing reports of it. I found configuration far too
> complicated and could not get it to wrok at all. I gave up and uninstalled
> it. If you want to get it more widely used then you simply must address
> this issue quickly.
> By contrast, when I downloaded and installed MailWasher Free I was up and
> running without any bother at all. The automatic configuration took care
> of everything.
> Regards,
> Ross Wright

Good for you! Whatever works.
Is Mailwasher still bouncing spam, thereby making the spam problem even
worse?

For your information:
MailWasher is a commercial product, made by developers who are paid to
make it work.
Spambayes on the other hand, can be considered as a sort of hobby project
that "some guy" made years ago. He put his work online (for free!) and
some other people have added a few bits and pieces to make it work for
them. That's it. There is no company backing SpamBayes. The people who
made it, don't *have* to improve it. They have no need for a large user
base. Most importantly, they have no need to pay attention to people who
use the words "must" and "quickly".
Be grateful that they shared it as-is.