[Spambayes] Problem Starting Outlook with Spambayes

Jack Bell jackbell100 at att.net
Sun Sep 25 17:17:36 CEST 2011

Have a new problem with Spambayes.  I've been using it for several years and
just changed email providers.  When I added my new provider (att) Outlook
immediately began taking several minutes to load.  I no longer check the old
inbox (it's not checked in the Spambayes list of folders to monitor) but it
still exists in the Outlook folders list.

When I start Outlook, it takes several minutes for it to load (just timed it
at about seven minutes.)  After that all seems normal.

*	Email is Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP
*	Spambayes is now 1.1a6, (binary version) just downloaded yesterday.
The problem was the same with my original version (1.0.4, I think).
*	If I disable the Spambayes add-in, Outlook starts normally in just a
few seconds.

Ideas?
JJB