[Spambayes] Two questions regarding Spambayes

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Fri Jan 13 22:53:08 CET 2012

On 01/13/2012 2:35 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> With no replies I've gone back to V1.0.4 and I still have the same
> problem, Spambayes does not appear when I restart the computer, I
> have to manually add it from the list of programs. Is there a simple
> workaround?
>
> Thanks!
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Spambayes Version 1.1b2
>> Windows 7 64bit
>>
>> I just migrated my .ini to a new computer and used to have spambayes
>> on drive C but now I'm using a SSD and have spambayes on drive E. I
>> receive emails from 5 separate accounts which I read with each email
>> going into their respective folders in Pegasus. I migrated the old
>> spambayes.ini and hammie/spammie to the windows user sub-directory so
>> as to not have to retrain or change the settings.
>>
>> First issue is spambayes does not automatically start when Windows
>> starts. It used to on my old machine but I can't figure out how to do
>> this with the current setup; I have to manually start spambayes every
>> time I reboot the computer.
Have you installed SpamBayes as a service?  If not, there's an
explanation in this article:

http://weblogs.asp.net/rchartier/archive/2007/03/15/thunderbird-with-spambayes-its-not-all-that-hard.aspx

>> The other thing is when I try to save a configuration change I get
>> the notice below in a web page message with the address:
>> http://localhost:8880/changeopts
>>
>> --------------
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>    File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyo", line 476, in found_terminator
>>
>>    File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyo", line 883, in onChangeopts
>>
>>    File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyo", line 569, in reReadOptions
>>
>>    File "sb_server.pyo", line 981, in _recreateState
>>
>> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'state' referenced before
>> assignment
I get this on Win7 X64 also and mentioned it in this list.
It appears to be mostly noise, as the changes that I make to the config
remain after I navigate back to the config page.
If it's not causing you any problems, it appears that it is safe to ignore.

Dale