[Spambayes] Spam Bayes Compatibility

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 22 16:05:30 CET 2013

> Possible, yes.  Easily is another matter.  Spambayes installs as a a
> plugin in Outlook.  To use it with a different client, it must be set
> up as a proxy server, sitting between your mail feed from your host
> and your email client.

I thought the installer allowed you to set up a proxy server as well.
I could easily be mistaken though, as IANAWP.

> There is a Thunderbird Add-on called Thunderbayes designed to ease
> Thunderbird<->Spambayes integration.  See
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/thunderbayes/

I wouldn't use that. It's quite out-of-date, and is no longer
maintained. I don't know if it is even compatible we recent versions
of Thunderbird. I do have the source if someone would like to
generated a new package and test it though.

Skip