[Spambayes] Install problem...

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 03:20:06 CET 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 7:17 PM, Ed Hart <Ed.Hart at affiniti.com> wrote:

> Lori, I had this issue as well, and could not find anyone who has been able to run
> SpamBayes on 64-bit Windows 7 with 64-bit Outlook.  It can work with 64-bit
> Windows 7 and 32-bit Outlook, but not with 64-bit Outlook.  I believe the last update
> I heard was that the packaging would need to be re-worked with 64-bit python (from
> Mark Hammond in March 2013), but to the best of my knowledge no one has done
> anything with that yet.

I don't believe so either, I don't see it happening unless someone
steps up to do it, and I don't know anyone offhand who could.

The only way I can think SpamBayes *might* work is the installation
that used to be prescribed if you were trying to run something that
*wasn't* Outlook: you ran SpamBayes as a proxy server between your
interface to your ISP and your email client, and SpamBayes applied its
filtering before your email client ever saw it.

64 bit Windows can run 32 bit applications, so SpamBayes might work in
that configuration.  (I never had to do that.  When I ran SpamBayes,
it was in Outlook as a plugin.  These days I use Gmail and don't need
SpamBayes.)

> Edward D. Hart
______
Dennis