[Spambayes] won't load

dmccunney dennis.mccunney at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:30:16 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Mike McKnight
<mmcknight at balloonfiesta.com> wrote:
> Dear support person
> I am using Outlook 2010 with imap email. I have installed Python 3.4.1 and
> Spambayes 1.1a6. I get the error message   every time I start Outlook. It
> does not load but is checked in the Add ins.
> Can you offer any help, please?

There are two possibilities:

Win Vista/7/8 use a different permissions model than earlier versions.
If Spambayes is installed into the Program Files hierarchy, it will
not have permission to run.  It needs to be installed elsewhere, like
C:\Spambayes.

You are running a 64 bit version of Office.  If so, that's your
problem.  Spambayes is a 32 bit plugin, and 32 bit plugins won't work
in 64 bit Office.  You will need to install Spambayes as a proxy
server between your Internet connection and Outlook.
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519