[Spambayes] Strange behaviour......

Ian James ijcharingworth at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 14:25:37 CEST 2015

After using Spambayes for some years (with Outlook 2007), I have
suddenly experienced completely unpredictable behaviour. (1) - it no
longer filters automatically - I have to go into Spambayes Manager and
select "Filter"; (2) it then filters out all the possible/Spam - but it
does not appear in the designated folders; in fact it has been totally
and permanently deleted from Outlook and cannot apparently be retrieved.

I've now uninstalled it and am very nervous about re-installing it - as
I know (from having checked my mail using the webmail interface before I
actually downloaded it using Outlook) that Spambayes is actually
deleting mail I do not wish to be deleted.

is this is known problem - and will reinstalling cure it?

Just a thought - one thing that has changed recently is that I have
installed Thunderbird and set it as my default - I'm doing some testing
on it for a friend - can't see how that could cause this problem, but
just wondering.....

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ian